The Shenandoah County Treasurer’s Office is accepting applications for the position of full time Deputy Treasurer III. Proposed start date – 3-1-2021
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Receives payments in person or by mail and posts payment to account; balances accounts
- Operates computerized cash register to handle payments and collection of various fees received from the public and various county offices and agencies
- Answers questions from citizens regarding real estate, personal property, dog tags, etc.
- Processes incoming and outgoing mail.
- Assists taxpayers via telephone and in person
- Assists with various accounting functions
- Performs related tasks as required
Education and Experience
Any combination of education or experience equivalent to graduating with an Associate’s Degree or higher in the field of Accounting or Business Administration along with 3 or more years of experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of the classification of the position. Desirable experience in local property tax, customer service and monetary transactions. Preference given to those with previous local government experience.
Must be bondable.
Salary range is on County Pay Scale Grade 14, starts at $33,687. Benefits include Virginia Retirement System, Health insurance, paid vacation, holidays and sick leave.
Applications and job description are available in the County Treasurer’s office or may be obtained on the Treasurer’s website: http://shenandoahcountyva.us/treasurer/ or contact the Treasurer’s Office (540) 459-6180. Applications are to be submitted to: Shenandoah County Treasurer; 600 N. Main St.; Suite 105; Woodstock, VA 22664. Application deadline: January 29, 2021.
Shenandoah County Treasurer is an Equal Opportunity Employer