The Shenandoah County Treasurer’s office is currently accepting applications for Deputy Treasurer III. Please submit a county application by June 10, 2019 to:
Cindy A. George, Treasurer; 600 N. Main St., Suite 105; Woodstock, VA 22664.
Deputy Treasurer III – Proposed Start date 7-15-19
- The Shenandoah County Treasurer’s Office is accepting applications for the position of full time Deputy Treasurer III
- Responsibilities include:
- Receives payments in person or by mail and posts payment to account; balances accounts
- Operates computerized cash register to handle payments and collection of various fees received from the public and various county offices and agencies
- Answers questions from citizens regarding real estate, personal property, dog tags, etc.
- Processes incoming and outgoing mail.
- Assists taxpayers via telephone and in person
- Assists with various accounting functions
- Performs related tasks as required
Graduation from high school with a minimum of 3 years experience in accounting or accounting related functions. Considerable experience in customer service and monetary transactions is preferred. Experience in local taxation a plus.
Must be bondable.
Salary range is on County Pay Scale Grade 14, starts at $33,687. Benefits include Virginia Retirement System, Anthem health and Delta dental insurance, paid vacation, holidays and sick leave.
Applications are to be submitted to:
Cindy A. George, Treasurer; 600 N. Main St.; Suite 105; Woodstock, VA 22664.
Application deadline: June 10, 2019.
Shenandoah County Treasurer is an Equal Opportunity Employer