117 S. Main St.
Woodstock, Virginia 22664
Members Present: Bob Luce, Katie Mercer, Amber Dennison, Coe Sherrard, Dan Harshman, Michelle Bixler, Dick Neese, Jenna French, Doug Grayson, Katie Mercer, Bill Schumacher
Media Present: Northern Virginia Daily
Guests Present: Melissa Price, Morgan Brill, Kirk Gibson, Morgan Breeden, Sharon Baroncelli
Call to Order: The meeting was called to order by Jenna French at 12:00 pm and a quorum was established.
Ms. French shared that her job is to help promote the wide variety of tourism related businesses we have in Shenandoah County. Each of those businesses may have different priorities and goals and therefore, we want to make sure that the priorities of this office align with those of our local businesses.
She asked council members and people in attendance to share their business goals for the upcoming year, what we are currently doing in the tourism office to bring the most value and what could we do doing to bring the most value.
Topics of discussion included:
- Providing FAM Tours for local staff that interface with visitors.
- Adding a pet friendly icon to our website and/or visitor guide
- Add pet sitting businesses to our website for those traveling with pets
- Connect with non-tourism related businesses who may work with out of towners such as a local trailer sales business
- Include and promote things to do within a 30 minute radius
- Look into marketing at airports. VTC currently advertises at Dulles.
- Create additional itineraries that can be distributed to bus groups or leisure travelers. Use the tourism office as a means to connect all the different businesses.
- Marketing goals. Segment our audience to maximize business and ROI
- Build staffing within the office to assist with research and grant writing
- Share leads and databases with local businesses (when applicable because of privacy laws)
- Create additional Itineraries and travel packages for Virginia.org with distance between locations or travel time included.
Having no further business to discuss, the Shenandoah County Tourism Council adjourned at 1:30 p.m.
Director of Tourism & Marketing, Shenandoah County Tourism