*ONLY CASH OR CHECKS
ARE ACCEPTED AT THE LANDFILL*
Fees that apply to all:
- Tires: $1.00 (passenger), $5.00 (truck) and $10.00 (tractor) per tire
- TV’s and Computer Monitors $5.00 – Screen size* 20 inches and less $10.00 – Screen size over 20 inches *Screen size is measured diagonally
- Animals: The cost is $5.00 for animals under 400 pounds and $10.00 for over 400 pounds. The Landfill accepts dead livestock Monday through Friday, but an appointment for disposal is required. Please call for an appointment at 540-984-8573.
- Stumps larger than a pick-up bed: $63.00/ton
Recycling is free
There is no charge for residents and businesses bringing separated recyclables. The Solid Waste Department is able to sell recyclables to reduce our dependence on taxes to operate the landfill.
With the exception of the above items, there is no tipping fee for waste brought by County residents from their homes. If someone is hired to bring residential waste, the regular tipping fees apply (see below).
Fees for Commercial Customers:
The following fees apply to any waste brought to the landfill from a business (or brought to the landfill as part of a paid transaction).
- Regular Commercial Trash – $54.00 per ton
- Rough/Construction (loads of concrete, rocks, pavement) – $63.00 per ton
- Rough Wood Waste (over-size stumps, railroad ties and telephone poles) – $63.00 per ton
- Brush/Wood Waste – $36.00 per ton
- Town Curbside Pick-Up Services – $43.20 per ton
- Strictly Recyclables (separated) – NO CHARGE
The landfill is not allowed to accept chemicals, oils, asbestos, infectious medical waste and/or hazardous waste from businesses. Waste from outside of Shenandoah County is also prohibited at all County Solid Waste sites, including the landfill.
Account Application for Commercial Customers ShenCo Landfill Account Application_fillable