Top State For Business
- #1 Top State for Business by CNBC
- #1 Workforce in the US by CNBC
- #3 Best States for Regulatory Environment by Forbes
- Top 10 US Industrial Emerging Markets by Colliers
- The Shenandoah Valley/I-81 Corridor is a cost-effective alternative to markets further north in the Lehigh Valley and central Pennsylvania. The Port of Baltimore and the Port of Virginia provide rail access through CSX and Norfolk Southern, respectively. Combined with access to labor markets in Virginia, Maryland and West Virginia, these factors make the area particularly attractive to employers. The Shenandoah Valley region offers a plethora of advantages including land available for development and proximity to the metro Washington, D.C., Baltimore and Ohio Valley population bases. The market can potentially reach one of the largest population concentrations in the country, as over 45 million people live within 250 miles of the market’s core.
Scenic & Convenient Location
Shenandoah County is set against a backdrop of the beautiful Allegheny and Blue Ridge Mountains. Located approximately, equidistant between the cities of Harrisonburg and Winchester, Virginia, this location is able to draw a workforce from both locations capitalizing on the availability of labor throughout the Shenandoah Valley as opposed to being limited to just one market.
Shenandoah County offers an outstanding quality of life for those looking to balance work and family in a rural community with easy access to urban amenities. While home to two major industrial parks, roughly 1/3 of Shenandoah County is actively farmed and an additional 26% percent is National or State Forest providing an abundance of recreational opportunities yet close proximity to major metropolitan areas such as Washington, DC which is located just 100 miles away. The location also offers close proximity to the region’s diverse universities, colleges and technical schools.
In addition, the county provides easy access to the Virginia Inland Port, the Winchester Regional Airport, Shenandoah Valley Regional Airport and Dulles International Airport.
Shenandoah County is home to quality K-12 education and was ranked among the best teaching staff in Virginia by Niche.com and nationally recognized FFA and SkillsUSA Programs. Also located within Mount Jackson is Triplett Tech, the county’s technical branch of the public school system which offers classes such as electricity, CTE, masonry, and carpentry and is also home to the region’s Governor’s School.
Shenandoah County is located along the Interstate-81 corridor with Interstate 66 access within a few miles of the county line.
Shenandoah County includes 6 towns along the U.S. Route 11 Corridor. The county is 35 miles long and 10 miles wide.
|Woodstock (County Seat)||5,097|
- U.S. Census Page
- Virginia Economic Development Partnership Shenandoah County Profile