Shenandoah County Small Business COVID-19 Recovery Assistance Grant– Small Businesses with less than 50 employees and $500,000 in net revenues can apply for up to $15,000 to cover rent/mortgage, utilities, payroll and other operational expenses. Click here to download the application.
Shenandoah County CARES Scholarship– This scholarship is available to all Shenandoah County residents and will cover 75% of tuition up to $2,000 per resident for Workforce Solutions Career Preparation and/or Enhancement classes taken before June 30th, 2021. Registration must occur no later than December 11th, 2020. Some classes starting as soon as October 1st. Register today!
LISC Rural relief Small Business Grants– Available to small businesses nationally in communities with populations of 50,000 or less.
Virginia VOSH Temporary Emergency Standards– Virginia became the first state to issue mandatory COVID-19 workplace safety rules that went into affect on July 27, 2020. No matter the size of the business or the level of exposure risk hazards – very high, high, medium, or lower exposure risk – the ETS imposes several mandatory requirements for all Virginia employers that fall under §§ 16VAC25-60-20 and 16VAC25-60-30. Click here to learn more.
Please visit the CDC Guidelines for Reopening for guidance on measures you can take when reopening your business to the public.
Below is a list of recommendations by industry that may be helpful as you begin your plans.
- National Association of Manufacturers Renewal Action Plan
- Small Business Development Center Recovery Resources
- US Travel Association Industry Guidance
- US Restaurant Association Restaurant Reopening Recommendations
- US Hotel Association Stay Safe Guidelines and Cleaning Standards
- Virginia Brewery Association Checklist for Reopening
- Entertainment Venues
- Salons and Barber Shops
- Fitness Centers
- National Retail Federation Operation Open Doors
- Banking and Financial Sector
- Auto Manufacturers
- American Medical Association Physician Practice Guide to Reopening
- American Dental Association Return to Work Guidance
- American Association of Orthodontists Guidance
- American Library Association Planning & Reopening Resources
- International Spa Association Spa Reopening Toolkit
- Wholesome Foods– currently in stock: sanitizer
- Jon Henry General Store– currently in stock: sanitizer
- Miller’s Supplies at Work– currently in stock: Disposable face shields at Face Shields, Hanging barriers at Hanging Barriers, Mounted Safety barriers at Mounted Barriers, Personal Spacing disk Spacing Disk, Sneeze Guard at Sneeze Guard, Millers Wellness Guard Millers Wellness Guard, Millers Stop the Spread Millers Stop the Spread
- Sysco – currently in stock: masks, gloves in a variety of sizes, hand sanitizer, sanitizing wipes, surface sanitizers, and bleach – contact your sales rep for the latest product availability and pricing
- PFG – contact your sales rep for the latest product availability
- Ecolab – Has a variety of cleaning and sanitizing products available (list for hospitality and list for foodservice); Contact Carey Friedman at email@example.com or 804.840.3943
- Safeguard Promotional Products – facemasks and shields, hand sanitizer, gloves, gowns, acrylic shields (for checkout stands) – visit https://www.safeguardjack.com/ or contact Anne Meagher Watson at 804.355.2679 or Anne@SafeguardJack.com
- OlleyMay (part of ProForma) has masks, goggles, faceshields, gloves, hand sanitizer, gloves, and safety kits. Click here for more information and for a current listing. Contact Bill Dietz at firstname.lastname@example.org or 805.575.8824