2% State of Virginia Levy will be added to the total price of each permit.
Fee schedule: Click Here
* The 2012 code took effect on July 14, 2014. You can access these codes thru the ICC link on the resources page. The following activity below requires a permit to be obtained. Click the link below to see if your work is exempt from a permit. If you are still in doubt call the office at 540-459-6185.
**A zoning permit is required for any improvement made to your property even if you are exempt from obtaining a building permit. Contact the zoning administrator for further information.
*** Due to an increase in fraudulent activity all permits must now be obtained by the license holder or a permit authorization Affidavit must be submitted by the license holder on the form obtainable below.
108.1 When applications are required:
1. Construction or demolition of a building or structure. Installations or alterations involving (i) the removal or addition of any wall, partition or portion thereof, (ii) any structural component, (iii) the repair or replacement of any required component of a fire or smoke rated assembly, (iv) the alteration of any required means of egress system, (v) water supply and distribution system, sanitary drainage system or vent system, (vi) electric wiring, (vii) fire protection system, mechanical systems, or fuel supply systems, or (viii) any equipment regulated by the USBC.
2. For change of occupancy, application for a permit shall be made when a new certificate of occupancy is required under Section 103.3.
3. Movement of a lot line that increases the hazard to or decreases the level of safety of an existing building or structure in comparison to the building code under which such building or structure was constructed.
4. Removal or disturbing of any asbestos containing materials during the construction or demolition of a building or structure, including additions.
- Amusement Device Application
- Commercial Projects Permit Application Packet
- Deck Detail Brochure
- Farm Structure Affidavit
- Fire Alarm Sprinkler Checklist Form
- Gas Worksheet-Required for Gas Test Inspection
- Permit Authorization Affidavit
- Property Maintenance Notice
- New Residential Application Packet
- Residential Additions & Alterations Packet
- Residential Deck Construction Application Packet
- Residential Accessory Structure Application Packet
- Residential Finished Basement Application Packet
- Residential Pool Permit Application Packet
- Sign Permit Application Packet
- Special Entertainment Permit Application
- Tent Permit Application Packet
- Universal Permit Application
- Zoning Site Plan – Minor