The Shenandoah County Animal Shelter provides essential animal services to the citizens of Shenandoah County.
Colder weather is coming!! Here are a few things to keep in mind about your outside pets…
- Animals need a warm shelter with insulation away from a cold draft. If possible, bring them inside!
- Some animals will try to stay warm by finding a warm car engine to crawl into…make some noise before starting your car.
- Check your pet’s paw pads frequently as salt from sidewalks will irritate and injure them. Wipe them off with a warm towel.
- Be aware of signs of trouble such as: anxiety, shivering, whining or movement has slowed down. These are signs of hypothermia.
- Frozen water will break a plastic bowl as it expands. Use a stainless steel bowl and make sure water is unfrozen at all times.