Part Time Animal Caretaker
Shenandoah County is inviting applications for the position of Animal Caretaker within the Shenandoah County Animal Shelter.
The Animal Caretaker performs responsible basic work in the care of animals at the animal shelter; and does related work as required. Work is performed under the supervision of the Animal Shelter Manager or Assistant Manager. Work is performed on weekends and holidays, 10 to 24 hours per week.
An individual must be able to perform the essential job functions satisfactorily including the
• Provides animal care regarding food, water, daily exercise, enrichment, and appropriate living conditions.
• Cleans kennels and office area.
• Performs intake of animals upon arrival at shelter and observes animals daily to discover any problems or changes in health, behavior, or condition.
• Inputs and retrieves information on the computer and website, such as records on dogs and cats, citizen inquiries and concerns, and shelter information.
• Segregates animals to specific shelter locations.
• Performs work in the general maintenance and care of the entire facility to include minor repairs to equipment.
• Assists with administering medication to animals under the supervision of the Manager or Assistant Manager.
• Washes and removes external parasites from animals.
• Maintains necessary forms and records on animals.
• Researches and investigates the prospects of foster and rescue organizations.
• Communicates with the general public and attends public events and civic organization meetings concerning adoption, release, redemption of animals, and education on spay/neuter.
• Assists with euthanasia of animals once certified.
• Performs additional duties to support operational requirements as assigned.
Requires basic education or equivalent combination of education and experience working with animals. Some experience in the operation of an animal shelter is preferred.
The starting pay for this FLSA non-exempt position starts at $14.74 per hour, commensurate with qualifications, experience, and internal equity.
The County application and position description are available at www.shenandoahcountyva.us/administration/employment/, or in the Office of the County Administrator, 600 North Main Street, Suite 102, Woodstock, VA 22664, 540-459-6165. Qualified applicants should submit a complete application, cover letter, and resume in person or by mail to the attention of Shenandoah County Human Resources, 600 North Main Street, Suite 102, Woodstock, Virginia 22664. Applications may also be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. The position is open until filled with a first review of applications on Friday, February 23, 2024.
Shenandoah County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job posting is no longer active.