Finance Specialist – General Ledger
Shenandoah County is inviting applications for the position of Finance Specialist – General Ledger
within the County’s Department of Finance.
Shenandoah County is seeking an energetic, versatile professional to serve as a Finance Specialist – General Ledger within the County’s Department of Finance. The Finance Specialist performs intermediate technical and skilled accounting and clerical work involving the preparation and/or maintenance of fiscal or related records; does related work as required. Work is performed under the regular supervision of the Finance Director.
An individual must be able to perform the essential job functions satisfactorily including the following:
• Serves as backup for accounts payable processing including: preparation, entry, and posting of approved and coded invoices and the associated generation of checks/ACH payments; organization, filing, and maintenance of invoices; answering related questions; maintenance of vendor files in the system, including obtaining W-9 vendor identification numbers and certifications for Form 1099 tax reporting purposes; and assists in the preparation of year-end Form 1099 tax reporting.
• Serves as the backup for payroll processing including preparation of the payroll register, payroll checks, and payroll journal vouchers; calculating and recording payroll deductions; monthly, quarterly, and annual tax reporting; reconciliation of employee benefits; and assists in the preparation of year end W-2 tax processing and reporting.
• Administers the County’s credit/purchasing card program(s).
• Assists with procurement procedures as necessary, including the input of approved purchase orders into the system and maintenance of purchase order files.
• Inputs journal entries, budget adjustments and budget appropriations, as approved.
• Maintains and updates the County’s capital asset management program including buildings, improvements, infrastructure, vehicles, equipment, and construction in progress.
• Maintains fixed asset inventory to include vehicle inventory, vehicle titles and surplus equipment.
• Processes billings that are not processed through other County Departments and monitors collections. Examples include billings related to other governmental agencies.
• Performs monthly reconciliations and review of general ledger accounts including sanitary districts, landfill, Emergency Medical Services (EMS) recoveries, accounts payable clearing accounts, petty cash, debt service, etc. and departmental credit card(s).
• Assists in administering the County’s risk management program including reporting and tracking insurance claims related to vehicle accidents, property damage, and general liability, including
coordination with departments relating to repairs.
• Assists in administering the County’s contract management program.
• Assists in the preparation of periodic financial reports including the County’s Annual Comprehensive Financial Report (ACFR).
• Assists with compiling budget data for preparation of the County’s annual budget.
• Assists with analyzing, evaluating, and monitoring the County’s budgeted revenues and expenditures for compliance with budget projections.
• Assists in special projects as assigned by the Director of Finance and/or County Administration. Requires basic education supplemented by coursework in accounting, intermediate experience in
governmental accounting or finance, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
The annual pay range for this FLSA non-exempt position is $45,292.01 to $58,879.61 commensurate with qualifications, experience, and internal equity. The County offers an excellent benefits package, including Virginia Retirement System, health and dental insurance, vacation and sick leave, and holidays. The successful candidate must pass a pre-employment, post-offer drug screening and background check.
The County application and position description are available at www.shenandoahcountyva.us/administration/employment/, or in the Office of the County Administrator, 600 North Main Street, Suite 102, Woodstock, VA 22664, 540-459-6165. Qualified applicants should submit a complete application, cover letter, and resume in person or by mail to the attention of Shenandoah County Human Resources, 600 North Main Street, Suite 102, Woodstock, Virginia 22664. Applications may also be submitted electronically to email@example.com.
The position is open until filled with a first review of applications on Tuesday, February 13, 2024.
Shenandoah County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job posting is no longer active.