NOTICE OF INTENTION TO ADOPT AN ORDINANCE
The Shenandoah County Board of Supervisors intends to consider whether to adopt an ordinance amending Part I, Chapter 43, Procurement Policy, of the Code of Shenandoah County. Citizen comments regarding the proposed ordinance will be heard at a public hearing during the Board of Supervisors’ meeting on Tuesday, November 28, 2023, at 7:00 p.m. in the Board Meeting Room of the County Government Center, 600 North Main Street, Woodstock, Virginia. The ordinance would amend the County Code to make certain changes to the County’s procurement policy, including:
- Updating and clarifying notice requirements;
- Increasing small purchase thresholds;
- Adding procedures for design-build contracts, construction management contracts, and term contracts for architectural and engineering services;
- Updating exemptions to procurement requirements, job order contracting limitations, and bond requirements; and
- Removing unnecessary provisions to promote ease of use.
The full text of the proposed ordinance is available for inspection in the Office of the County Administrator, Suite 102 of the County Government Center and on the County website at www.shenandoahcountyva.us under Public Hearings and Notices.
All public meetings are intended to be accessible to persons with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Any person requiring accommodation and/or auxiliary aids shall notify the County Administrator at least five days prior to the scheduled meeting.
Evan Vass, County Administrator