Business Retention and Expansion Manager
Shenandoah County is inviting applications for the position of Business Retention and Expansion Manager within the County’s Department of Tourism & Economic Development.
Shenandoah County is seeking an energetic, versatile professional to serve as a Business Retention and Expansion Manager within the County’s Department of Tourism and Economic Development. The Business Retention and Expansion Manager performs complex professional and administrative work related to promoting business growth, marketing, and economic development services within and for Shenandoah County. Work requires the exercise of independent discretion and judgment and is performed under the general supervision of the Director of Tourism & Economic Development.
An individual must be able to perform the essential job functions satisfactorily including the following:
• Coordinates activities to support existing industry and business in the County.
• Interacts with economic development organizations, civic groups, as well as local, regional, and state agencies.
• Along with the Director, plans, organizes and performs business visitation program to include regular communication and on-site personal visits and interviews with business and property owners to assess business and development concerns and opportunities.
• Maintains ongoing relationships with economic development partners.
• Maintains a database of existing businesses within Shenandoah County and potential business prospects.
• Advises management about development obstacles, as well as growth and expansion opportunities, and provides business assistance program information. Acts as a liaison and facilitates communication between businesses, County departments and other agencies.
• Develops and distributes relevant marketing materials and information to the business community.
• Provides support to regional workforce development programs, such as the Workforce Initiative Board and its events, such as Manufacturing Week and Employer Expo, Worlds of Work and Regional Talent Coalition.
• Develops, recommends, and implements economic development programming to include target industry roundtables and workforce development opportunities.
• Analyzes findings from visitation programs and industry roundtables to seek solutions to common business challenges.
• Coordinates and implements programs to serve small businesses, entrepreneurs, and industrial businesses.
• Develops and maintain a database to track leads; and inventory any shortcomings from prospects that locate elsewhere.
• Performs administrative tasks related to office operations.
• Performs staff support services as directed in support of the Industrial Development Authority of Shenandoah County and related advisory boards and commissions of Shenandoah County.
• Compiles and maintains current data on industrial and commercial locations and characteristics of the County, including available sites and buildings, and coordinates with other county departments, regional partners, and state agencies to maintain information on transportation, labor market, utilities, and socio-economic conditions, and related information.
• Assists in the preparation of grants, Requests for Proposals (RFPs), incentive programs, and financial analyses.
• Assists in the preparation of proposals and information for investment prospects, including site selectors, corporate real estate, and economic development partners.
• Coordinates the implementation of marketing and promotion plans designed to attract industry, commercial development, workforce, and tourists.
• Attends and contributes to meetings of various economic development and tourism-related functions as a representative of the department and County.
• Maintains accurate and up-to-date information on the County’s tourism & economic development websites and social media platforms.
• Coordinates activities with the towns located within Shenandoah County.
• Assists with the development of programs that will strengthen the skills of the local workforce.
Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Business Administration, Public Administration, Communications, or related field, two (2) years of experience in economic development, business assistance, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. The annual pay range for this FLSA-exempt position is $52,431.16 – $68,160.51, commensurate with qualifications, experience, and internal equity. The County offers an excellent benefits package, including Virginia Retirement System, health and dental insurance, vacation and sick leave, and holidays. The successful candidate must pass a pre-employment, post-offer drug screening, and background check.
The County application and position description are available at www.shenandoahcountyva.us/administration/employment/, or in the Office of the County Administrator, 600 North Main Street, Suite 102, Woodstock, VA 22664, 540-459-6165. Qualified applicants should submit a complete application, cover letter, and resume in person or by mail to the attention of Shenandoah County Human Resources, 600 North Main Street, Suite 102, Woodstock, Virginia 22664. Applications may also be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The position is open until filled with a first review of applications on Thursday, June 1, 2023.
Shenandoah County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job posting is no longer active.