Shenandoah County KidzRec is hiring for part-time Recreation Leaders at Sandy Hook Elementary School, W.W. Robinson Elementary School and Honey Run Elementary School.
- Ensure that the site is set up at least 10 minutes before the children arrive each day.
- Provide a nurturing environment for the supervision of one or more groups of children. Participate and supervise daily schedules.
- Implement daily activities for the children in the program that contribute to the care, growth and development of the children who attend the program.
- Manage and assist with the distribution and collection of games and supplies used in activities.
- Coordinate with Program Administrator to schedule resource people who will provide special programs.
- Maintain open communication and positive relationships with staff, families, school and students.
- Participate in scheduled staff meetings.
Health & Safety:
- Follow vendor approved standards and school procedures to safeguard the health and safety of the children on the program, which include but are not limited to hand washing, sanitary measures, playground safety rules, rules regarding the use of supplies and equipment.
- Report and incidents/accidents per policy when a child is injured.
- Become knowledgeable of emergency procedures and assist in the supervision of required drills.
- Hold current certificates in CPR and first aid.
- Follow all COVID-19 polices for children and staff.
- Complete required background clearance and TB screening prior to first day of employment.
- Attend required 16 hours of professional growth annually.
- Recreation Leader shall be at least 18 years of age, have fulfilled a high school program completion or the equivalent and have previous programmatic experience in a child-related field.
Starting Pay is $12.17/hour
Shenandoah County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
This job posting is no longer active.