Shenandoah County is inviting applications for the position of Executive Assistant for the Stoney Creek and Toms Brook-Maurertown Sanitary Districts.
Shenandoah County is seeking a highly motivated, experienced professional to join our team as Executive Assistant for the Stoney Creek Sanitary District and the Toms Brook-Maurertown Sanitary District. The Executive Assistant performs complex technical and difficult administrative tasks, performed under the general supervision of the Director of Public Services. This position coordinates and manages the work of a Utility Billing Clerk and a Utility Clerk.
Applicants should have the following qualifications:
- thorough knowledge of standard office practices, procedures, equipment and office assistance techniques;
- thorough knowledge of business English, spelling and arithmetic;
- thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite software;
- ability to maintain office records and to prepare accurate reports from file sources;
- ability to perform and organize work independently;
- ability to prepare effective correspondence on routine matters and to perform routine office management details without referral to supervisor; and
- ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with governmental officials, residents, the general public and associates.
Also required is any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school, and extensive increasingly responsible experience in providing office assistance and administrative support in a municipal function. Possession of associate’s degree preferred. Possession of Virginia Notary Public Commission is required within six (6) months of employment.
The annual pay range for this FLSA non-exempt position is $41,766—$62,000, commensurate with qualifications and experience. The County offers an excellent benefits package, including Virginia Retirement System, health and dental insurance (100% covered), vacation and sick leave, and holidays. The successful candidate must pass a pre-employment, post-offer drug screening and background check.
The County application and position description are available in the links provided below, or in the Office of the County Administrator, 600 North Main Street, Suite 102, Woodstock, VA 22664, 540-459-6165. Completed applications are required. Applications may be submitted in person or by mail to the aforementioned address. Applications may also be submitted electronically to: email@example.com
The position will close at 2:00 pm prevailing time on Monday, June 14, 2021.
Shenandoah County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Job Description – Executive Assistant to the Director of Public Services
- TBMSD Overview
- Stoney Creek Sanitary District Overview
This job posting is no longer active.