Shenandoah County Government Center:
The County Government Center will re-open for in-person business transactions on Monday, June 8, 2020. However, if needed, business can be conducted by phone or online. Treasurer and Sanitary District payments may still be made using the drop boxes outside as normal. If you have questions, please use the provided phone numbers listed below.
• Treasurer 540-459-6180
• Sanitary Districts 540-459-7491
• Building & Zoning 540-459-6185
• Commissioner of Revenue 540-459-6170
• Parks & Recreation / KidzRec 540-459-6777
• VA Cooperative Extension 540-459-6140
• ALL OTHER QUESTIONS & Deliveries 540-459-6165
The Office of Voter Registration is OPEN. Absentee voting will begin March 20, 2020. The entrance of Voter Registration is located at Suite 103 and has a separate, outside entrance on the north side of this building. For questions about voter registration please call 540-459-6195.
Department of Social Services:
Shenandoah County DSS is back open to the public, by appointment only, Monday – Friday 8am-4pm by appointment only.
We will be closed on June 19
We will also be closed on July 3th
• NEED SNAP, TANF or FUEL ASSISTANCE/CRISIS? 1-855-635-4370 www.commonhelp.virginia.gov
• NEED MEDICAID? 1-855-242-8282 www.commonhelp.virginia.gov
• NEED CHILD CARE? www.commonhelp.virginia.gov
• HAVE A CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES REPORT?
540-459-6362 or 1-800-552-7096
• HAVE AN ADULT PROTECTIVE SERVICES REPORT?
540-459-6362 or 1-888-832-3858
Shenandoah County Animal Shelter:
The Shenandoah County Animal Shelter will re-open Monday June 8, 2020. COVID-19 guidelines will be followed. It is highly encouraged that all visitors wear a cloth face covering or mask and maintain the social distancing standard of 6 feet apart while at the shelter. The Shenandoah County Animal Shelter’s main focus during this time is the wellness of the staff, the animals in our care, and the community. You may contact the Shelter at 540-984-8955
Shenandoah County Landfill & Convenience Sites:
The County landfill and citizen convenience sites are on their normal schedules. See https://shenandoahcountyva.us/landfill/ or call 540-984-8573.
Circuit Court: We are open 9am to 5pm, COVID-19 compliant with a new social distancing traffic flow pattern and requiring face masks. For questions, please call 540-459-6150 or e-mail email@example.com
• General District Court Clerk’s Office is open from 8:00-4:00 Monday thru Friday. Access is limited to 1 person at a time. Only citizens having court business will be allowed access.
Questions, please call: 540-459-6130
• Juvenile and Domestic Relations Clerk’s Office is open from 8:30-4:30 Monday thru Friday. Access is limited to 1 person at a time. Only citizens having court business will be allowed access. Questions, please call: 540-459-6138
• The Commonwealth Attorney’s Office is open to the public from 8:30-12:00. Questions, please call: 540-459-6129
You may contact the Health Department at 540-459-3733
Northwestern Community Services:
As a result of moving the majority of our outpatient services from face to face interactions to a “Telemedicine” model during this COVID-19 State of Emergency, as of Wednesday, April 22nd the following clinic schedules will be in place:
Winchester Clinic (Winchester) will be open Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 5:00pm.
Warren County Clinic (Front Royal) will be open on Tuesday and Friday from 9:00am to 5:00pm.
Shenandoah County Clinic (Woodstock) will be open on Monday and Wednesday from 9:00am to 5:00pm.
Page County Clinic (Luray) will be open on Wednesday and Thursday from 9:00am to 5:00pm.
These revised clinic schedules will address the behavioral health needs of those clients not appropriate for telemedicine and are in need of a face to face interaction as a condition of their individual treatment plans.
All Northwestern staff are addressing the needs of both our current clients and new admissions (same day access) throughout this state of emergency either in a clinic setting or via telemedicine. If you have any questions or concerns, please call 540-459-5180.