Deputy Treasurer III – Proposed Start date 9-16-19
The Shenandoah County Treasurer’s Office is accepting applications for the position of full time Deputy Treasurer III. Responsibilities include:
• Receives payments in person or by mail and posts payment to account; balances accounts
• Operates computerized cash register to handle payments and collection of various fees received from the public
and various county offices and agencies
• Answers questions from citizens regarding real estate, personal property, dog tags, etc.
• Processes incoming and outgoing mail.
• Assists taxpayers via telephone and in person
• Assists with various accounting functions
• Performs related tasks as required
Graduation from high school with a minimum of 3 years experience in accounting or accounting related functions. Considerable experience in customer service and monetary transactions is preferred. Experience in local taxation a plus.
Must be bondable. Salary range is on County Pay Scale Grade 14, starting at $33,687. Benefits include Virginia Retirement System, Anthem health and Delta dental insurance, paid vacation, holidays and sick leave.
Applications and job description are available in the links below or at the County Treasurer’s office. If you have questions regarding this position please contact the Treasurer’s Office (540) 459-6180. Applications are to be submitted to:
Shenandoah County Treasurer; 600 N. Main St.; Suite 105; Woodstock, VA 22664.
Application deadline: August 16, 2019
Shenandoah County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
This job posting is no longer active.