This is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all required inspections. For an official inquiry, please contact the Building Inspections department directly.
- All footings are inspected after excavation and before pouring concrete.
- All slabs are inspected prior to pouring concrete with all steel in place.
- Concrete walls are inspected prior to pouring concrete with all steel in place.
- Backfill/foundation drainage inspection prior to burying habitable basements and crawl spaces.
- All plumbing and gas piping and electrical conduit or wiring prior to covering ditch.
- All gas lines, fuel lines, water and sewer lines must be pressure tested.
- Rough-in inspections of plumbing, electrical, HVAC, and gas prior to concealment.
- Framing inspection of floors, walls, and roofs prior to insulating.
- Insulation inspection prior to hanging drywall.
- Fireplace hearth inspection prior to pouring concrete with all steel in place.
- Inspection required on all electrical services prior to connection by power company.
- Electrical bonding and steel placement inspection for all pools.
- Special inspections as required by the building code or inspector.
- Final inspection required on all projects.
Building Code Official
Senior Commercial Inspector